Sunday 6 March 2016

Brentford 1 v Charlton Athletic 2

I suppose it was bound to happen eventually. A rare Charlton victory was achieved in West London yesterday. Not only three points but a derby too. 

The result ups the ante for Tuesday's visit of survival rivals, Milton Keynes. It was our third away win of the season and means we have matched the number of home victories, which is a telling statistic when the total numbers a paltry six in March. The big question now, is can we do something we haven't managed all season and string two wins together. I wasn't there yesterday and didn't follow the game either as I was busy building a desk for my eldest's move to senior school in September. However, I have caught up with the reviews and it would appear the Bees were unfortunate not to get something out of the game. Stringing two together may be expecting too much.

I will probably get some criticism for this but I can't help feeling a little disappointed that it was Harriott who got both goals. I made my mind up very firmly sometime ago that he will never be good enough for us (just like Makienok). Yes he will notch the odd goal or two but he's a flash-in-the-pan player and scoring a brace will probably mean we now play him for half-a-dozen matches in which he will do nothing but waste posession and chances. Having said that, we hardly have an embarrassment of riches to choose from when it comes to goals.

I should be grateful really as we were out with four Millwall fans last night and it took the edge off their piss-taking. I have been saying we are down since before Christmas but they were lording it nonetheless and after the stick I handed out to them last season I had to suck it up. I also have one eye on what next season may look like, so probably best to look contrite for some time yet.

1 comment:

  1. Fuck em Dave, pond life, you know that.

    PH

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....