Friday 26 June 2015

Scotland Forever

Off to Scotland this weekend for a catch-up with half-a-dozen mates from Aberdeen. We have hired a fantastic private house on a cliff overlooking the river Tay a few miles outside Perth (have stayed there before). There will be plenty of football banter and genuine interest in the plight of the Addicks and I will need to show an interest in developments at Pittodrie and the emerging dream of the Dons once again challenging the elite of Scottish football to regain their rightful place at the top of the tree. 

They begin their Europa quest in Macedonia in a couple of weeks and they are all going. One or two of them have been to Welling with me for our annual curtain-raiser and I will be asked if we are playing there again. Isn't quite the same but there you go.

We have a day of activities tomorrow before an annual meal in a restaurant that only has ten covers. Not sure Segways are going to be my kind of thing but Tank driving is right up my street. Hand me a shell please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....