Monday 25 August 2014

Huddersfield Town 1 Charlton Athletic 1

Bob Peeters less than impressed with his side but happy with result in the end.


As mentioned previously, I wasn't ever going to be there on Saturday and only saw progress whilst in the pub entertaining friends down for the weekend. I'm sure you have done so already, but a full report is obviously available on the official club website.
Wasn't looking good throughout the second half according to the BBC Sport website and I didn't realise Huddersfield were down to 10 throughout that half until finding out the result. It sounded like we were second best throughout much of the match and I wonder whether our neat passing football, which should be very effective against a side down to 10 for half a game, actually works against us if we continue to play that way rather than bombarding a tiring defence towards the end of such a game. I think we always need a plan B and possibly a C and D to cope with the changed game situation. As I said, I wasn't there so I'm probably not qualified to comment, but I can have an opinion, Can't I?
Anyway, another point away from home which keeps us in 5th place in table and as yet undefeated, we can't complain too much can we? Another toughie Saturday, this time away to Brighton and Dave will return from his holiday and join me at the Amex, so normal service resumed next week. In the meantime there's a Capital One Cup fixture away to last weeks defeated opponents Derby County. Not for me this one, so any report will be second hand once again. I wonder if Peeters will put out a strong side this time around? In the last round he would have been looking to get some first choicers a bit of early season game time, this time around that's not necessary and some will surely get a rest. I would expect Morro to get a start, Gomez will come in for Solly and perhaps JJ will get a well deserved rest. Anyway, expect a much changed side from Saturday.
I expect Wednesdays report will be my last for a while (unless an influx of signings before deadline day!!). It's been good fun doing this blog, and thanks Dave for the opportunity, but I don't think I could do it more regularly, takes up far to much time, so much respect to all those that write regularly.
Apart from the time consuming element, writing this blog has also sent me mental with constant thinking about what to write and a particular bug bear has been trying to come up with a witty poetic and amusing headline for when we eventually sign Andy Delort from Tours. I've come up with a right doozy. I won't share it now, I'll leave you in delicious anticipation for what is to come. And, if we don't sign him (v. likely in my opinion), I'll leave you wondering what might have been.


A Bientot.


Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....