Saturday 30 March 2013

Tenth home defeat of the season?

I was struck down on Thursday by what hospitals refer to as "V + D." A virulent bug that my wife and youngest have also had. The sickness has aggravated an ongoing back problem and I am struggling to stand up at the moment as my sciatic nerve on the right-hand side is throbbing 24 x 7. So, no day out for me yesterday at Welling or Blackheath Rugby Club. I am resolved to finally seeing the doctor about my back.

I know Welling won 3-0 to maintain their charge for the Conference but Blackheath's score has not yet made it onto the internet. I didn at least have the pleasure of watching the Palace v Birmingham City game on the box. Heart-warming stuff which helped put the "good" back into Friday. Pity Leicester couldn't double-up against Millwall but they are very much a secondary concern at the moment.

I am hoping I will feel up for the limp around to the Valley this afternoon for the encounter with Bolton Wanderers. We may see a debut or two as Mark Gower and Flourent Rouamba have joined the club this week. Gower is favourite to start but I suspect Rouamba may still be awaiting paperwork following his move from Eastern Moldova. Hopefully that will arrive before the close season.

We may just be playing Wanderers a week too early. They still have ambitions of catching sixth place, which, given our home form, would appear to be all the motivation required to see us off. I'm not going to bang on again about the need to attack and win games from a position of strength again. Instead, I will hope for a committed display and some entertainment. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....