Friday 12 October 2012

Wales v Scotland

Big match in Cardiff this evening. Having failed to get a ticket I decided not to waste my time travelling down on the off-chance and am now committed elsewhere. I was offered a ticket yesterday as a mate who was going is now in hospital - Sod's Law. It does mean that we have one more ticket for Brussels but there are two of us without....(get well soon Mr C).

The Welsh may be having a few problems of their own at the moment but I am not confident Scotland can get anything here. Wales still have a handful of players who would command places in the Scotland side and they will be smarting after recent reverses. If we don't come away with three points, the pressure will build on Tuesday's encounter with the Belgians and an early exit from Rio may be on the cards as I feared.

I expect to see Craig Levein looking more uncomfortable than ever this evening as he goes paler and paler. Expect his glasses to mist over and more defiant stubborness as he refuses to make blindingly obvious changes the fans will be bellowing for because they are just fans and he was once a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....