Wednesday 10 August 2011

Swansong

News that Jason Euell has signed a one year deal at the Valley hardly comes as a surprise following several weeks of training with us and positive noises from both player and manager. Jason made his Charlton-mark in the top flight where he plundered 30-odd goals in little over 130 appearances.

At 34 and having managed only a dozen goals since he left us, I am not expecting much. My guess is that he will get to play in the moody cup competitions and appear from the bench on occasions. I assume he's not on big League One money because he may struggle to provide value-for-money. Having said that, he may be a positive influence around the club and hopefully Benson and Hayes will be kept on their toes. I suspect that our recruitment drive is now over and that we will now limit our market activity to loan dealings as and when necessary.

3 comments:

  1. Great summary of the likely situation. Does this mean there is no prospect of signing Grzegorz Rasiak?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous - I would be surprised personally although Rasiak would add some aerial threat as an option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question resolved it seems!! Your guess was right. I think I'm a little disappointed. Whilst Euell might offer bits and pieces I'd hoped that if fit and "Up for it" Rasiak might be a real asset. Shame.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....