Friday 8 July 2011

Morrison in for Welling

New face number 13 was duly signed today. As expected, Michael Morrison has swapped clubs with Jose Semedo and will take his place in the Charlton back line. Tomorrow should be quite an entertaining afternoon at the home of the Wings. I am expecting a bigger than usual attendance at Welling as Addicks fans clamour for an early view of the new team. Hope springs eternal.

Jose Semedo deserves a farewell mention and, for me, he has been one of our better players during his time at the club although I agree with Chicago Addick that his departure is probably for the best. Good player though he was, I think he may have held us back, in that we haven't had a player to compliment him and my suspicion is that other clubs may end up drawing the same conlusions. We couldn't risk another season with a misfiring midfield, so I am looking forward, not back. Good luck in Sheffield Jose.

We also look ready to offload McCormack and Francis. The two former Southenders failed to establish themselves in the Charlton team and were the most pilliored players last season. McCormack looked genuinely short of class to me and, whilst I saw something in Francis most others didn't, ultimately he made far too many mistakes and can have no complaints that he's being outed.

With Jason Euell training at the club and a German triallist available, there could be a substitution every five or six minutes tomorrow. That or we may again decide to play two completely different sides, one in each half. Bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day tomorrow Dave and I look forward to the report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy yourself this afternoon, Dave. It's been mentioned there will be a viewing on telly today.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....