Friday 18 February 2011

Enamel badges - ours

Ok so you might not collect other club's badges, but I bet you have more than one of ours? I have tried to acquire every new one I have seen in the last thirty years and have circa 100 now, although I am aware that we have a bit of a history with these badges that are pretty rare.


As I said the other day, for so long in my youth there was only one badge - the white shield with the words "Charlton Athletic surrounding a red circle containing the sword (bottom centre-right). It's only been in the last fifteen years and our sortee in the Premier League that spawned large scale production of these badges, many of which are produced by street-sellers and not the club itself.

4 comments:

  1. I sported that white badge for years. It's disappeared now, must have fallen off my jacket.
    Prompted by these 'enamel badge' posts, i raked out another one. It's in the shape of a dark red boot with a white flash and Charlton underneath. I believe it's from the seventies. If you haven't got it you're welcome to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daggs - very generous offer. I'll swap you for a Charlton life badge? (Ping me some contact details). Thanks re the programmes but unless they are pre 60's I probably have them and I need to pick my fights with my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that white badge and a reversed version with a red outer and white inner.

    have about 400 different badges including some from the 50s and 60s and a couple from the 30s including the Tour of Canada 1937 badge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon - I'd love to see some photos if you have any - Dave.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....