Wednesday 29 December 2010

Tough test for Addicks at the Withdean

Our match against Brighton & Hove Albion this evening looks certain to go ahead as we close out the 2010 fixture list. The southerly latitude and cooling effects of the sea should be enough if the current thaw doesn't do it. After the lay-off and the Christmas temptations, it will be interesting to see just how we fare.


The Seagulls will be hot favourites to record an early double here following their October romp at the Valley. They are unbeaten at home this season having won six and drawn three of their nine league matches at the Withdean. That's a remarkable transformation from last season where they had the worst home record for most of the season. Indeed, I was down there for the 2-1 victory in the dark although the viewing experience was so poor I swore I wouldn't be back and I'll be listening in instead tonight.


I'd like to say I am confident of us getting a result but I can't see it. Brighton are on familiar territory and their 4-0 rout of us will still be fresh as in the minds of their players as it is the fans. If we go behind, I suspect it will be curtains. Colchester will be another tough match on Saturday before we play Swindon on Bank Holiday Monday. 

2 comments:

  1. The viewing could have been poorer...nearly being called off for fog! Seems the ref is more than a small influence on the game!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suze - really pleased I didn't bother. I'm guessing with a bit of fog you could only see one goal from the visiting "end."

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....