Thursday 15 July 2010

Season Ticket renewal

I got the message yesterday that season ticket sales have crept over the 8,000 mark, just a thousand down on the same time last year. That was the reminder I needed to renew the three I bought last year. Normally it's a bit of a performance to renew. The paperwork goes to three different addresses and is invariably lost, so I end up having to get blanks and fill them out by hand etc. Yesterday, I did it over the phone and have to say it was much easier. Not sure why I haven't thought of doing this before?


The only snag was that they couldn't sell me a 5 Year season ticket. Apparently you need a contract for that and there was appeared to be no interest in providing one. I was also told that "I think they are sold out." To be honest, I wasn't that fussed, especially as there has been no attempt to reassure fans what would happen in the event of the club suffering Administration and effectively becoming a creditor. So I stumped up less a couple of thousand pounds but it doesn't feel right that the club can afford to spurn income at this point in time.


On a more positive note, great news that Danny Smith (AFKA Charlton Life) and his wife were delivered of twin boys yesterday and all of them are doing well. Couldn't happen to a better Charlton fan and a thoroughly decent bloke. Congratulations Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....