Tuesday 8 June 2010

Missing the World Cup...

With Scotland's latest failure to qualify for the finals, I didn't think I would be that bothered about South Africa. So far so good, but just today though, I have to admit to an increasing disappointment that my Countrymen haven't qualified and the first signs that I am jealous of those preparing to make the trip from these islands. The story the BBC are running about a 57-year old Scotsman who is making the trip to support England because "none of the other four nations made it and I want to go to the World Cup" has struck a chord. Fair play to you Billy, I'm sure you will have a great time nonetheless.


I am looking forward to the opening fixtures and will no doubt find an Irish bar in Murcia on Saturday where we can watch the games with the English locals. Probably better that than the Krazy Scots bar where the mood might be positively suicidal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....