Sunday 15 November 2009

Sunday smile

Good to see the Southampton revival ended by local rivals Brighton at St Mary's this afternoon. My Sunday smile has just widened a fraction.

Thought you might like to know that I past a Charlton player whilst out running along the river this morning. As he bounded towards me in a tracksuit and a fleecy deerstaker with his hood up, my first instinct was a boxer - his stature and the chiselled chin. The second we passed and our eyes locked I realised my mistake. Miguel Angel Llera. He must have turned around by the Cutty Sark because he overtook me later on around the outside of the Dome - I had already done five miles so it was to be expected. Good to know he keeps himself fit and doesn't rely on training sessions.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps he was trying out his new head gear. How cool would a fleecy deerstalker look?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked pretty good under an over-sized tracksuit hoot. Every inch the serious athlete. Typical that I wasn't running in any Charlton gear...

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....