Friday 25 September 2009

Lympne Castle

Off to an in-law wedding today at Lympne Castle. We're staying overnight on the coast nearby and Granny has the kids for the day/night. Whoopee!

Rest assured, I will be back up the motorway after breakfast tomorrow and be back in SE7 in plenty of time for the visit of the Grecians (and to relieve Granny and Grandpa,who will be as keen as me to get to the Valley). Stuart Fleetwood has spoken of the "gulf in class" between Charlton, Leeds and the rest of the division. Maybe a little exaggerated in my book but I suspect it may be true in the case of Exeter City. They were the first ever league opposition for Charlton 90 years ago and we beat them 1-0 at the Valley. I'd take that now although the Valley faithful will be expecting some fireworks and a bigger winning margin.

I am already thinking about Tuesday's tester at Colchesters' new ground which is dangerous when we have first to dispose of the nothing-to-lose Grecians. The crowdshould be interesting; the holiday season is well and truly over, so most season ticket holders should be in their seats.exeter probably won't bring more than 500, so an additional 5,000 pay-on-the day would be a decent gate of c 15,500...

Up the Addicks!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your wedding Dave, I think tomorrow's game has suddenly an air of importance to it. Give them a shout from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And me...I can't make it, as I'm being cooked dinner by the family...

    Hope you had a good time yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suze - how inconsiderate. They must know you are needed elsewhere. An evening meal would have been much more thoughtful?

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....