Friday 14 August 2009

Hartlepool away

Turning in soon so I am up fresh and ready for the four hour drive to the north-east. The Bismarck is full of diesel and I have removed the kids seats and swept it out for my three passengers. The prospect of eight hours (520 miles) on the road is not appealing and I am now doubting the wisdom of this trip.

Last minute nerves maybe after the confidence of last Saturday. Trying to rationalise this, we should have a full side out with Richardson, Llera, Dailly, Bailey, Sam, Racon back in a 4-5-1 which should also feature Jonjo Shelvey and either Semedo or Spring. My money would be on Deon Burton getting the lone striker role. Hartlepool were no great shakes last season but they have recruited six new players and have certainly started strongly with clean sheets in the league and the cup. I fancy they will be really up for this, their first home game. However, I have to believe we will get something although I'm going with a 1-1 draw. I'll take Charlton to equalise from midfield in the second-half.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Dave, get a good nights sleep, an Olympic breakfast at a Little Chef on the way up and a couple of pints and get behind the boys for me. Happy Hunting.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....