Friday 20 February 2009

An eye on Barnsley

It has been a while since my last guest-post on Drinking During the Game and you've gone and won again at home. That win over Plymouth might just set  you up for the long-awaited successive wins.

With that in mind I thought I’d do a preview of the Barnsley game at the weekend.  They beat local rivals Sheffield Wednesday to end a four match losing run last week but I’m still fairly confident Charlton could get something out of this one.  The Tykes have got a few decent players in their line up it has to be said.  Michael Mifsud is a quality player and I was quite surprised when Coventry loaned him out to the Oakwell side, he put in a decent display against Wednesday and I expect him to be the main danger man.

Andranik Teymourian is a fairly decent midfielder.  I never thought he was quite good enough for the Premier League when he played for Bolton and then Fulham but the Championship is about his level and he also put in a good effort against Wednesday.  In defence they’ve got Darren Moore who is a fairly solid defender, Moore was useless at Derby last year (who wasn’t though) but he seems to have rediscovered some form for the South Yorkshire side and is a good player when it comes to dealing with crosses and set pieces.

I think Barnsley will probably try and take the game to Charlton in this encounter.  They’re also in the relegation scrap so they need to beat the teams around them at home.  If the Addicks can ride out the initial pressure they will stand a decent chance of getting a draw or nicking a win in this game.  I won’t hazard a score prediction though, there’s no need to jinx anything!

 I’ll end with a few Championship betting picks I think.  Sheffield United away at Plymouth and Preston’s visit Southampton look like two fairly safe away picks in my opinion.  I’m also a bit tempted by Palace away at Wednesday, Neil Warnock would love to get a win at Hillsborough I’m sure and they managed to end a losing run by seeing off Plymouth last week.  My final piece of football betting advice is for Everton to beat Newcastle at St James’ Park on Sunday, after watching Everton recently they look tight and organised where as Newcastle still look very shaky at the back.

Cheers


Gareth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....