Wednesday 12 November 2008

Richard Murray at City Addicks

I have selflessly organised my work diary so that I am in the City today. Meeting at 4pm? No problem. In common with most other Charlton fans, I like Richard Murray. It's hard not to empathise with a genuine fan who has overseen a golden era at the club and who gets top marks for integrity.

In truth, I am not expecting too much this evening. A bit on the Zabeel story; an update on the finances; a view on selling the club; shared disappointment with the start we've had; a defence of Alan Pardew (reluctantly I suspect)  and the story about the CAFCTV deal. Whilst Richard tells it straight, I suspect he'll be inclined to be less candid than when confronted by the smaller Blogger audience in July. Nonetheless, he's good value-for-money (especially when it's free)  so drop in to the City Tavern after 6pm if you get the chance (Lawrence Lane just off Cheapside).

In the meantime, what is Darren Randolph doing at Hereford? Picked to play in their F A Cup tie at the weekend, he advises Graham Turner that he's "not playing" because he's heard they are interested in loaning another keeper from Wolves. Darren, you just can't do that mate. Insecure ten year olds behave like that. It's akin to saying you'll score an own goal or concede a penalty if you don't get your own way about something. The management at Charlton will be furious and there will be a question-mark over you for years now. You can forget any more loan deals and it's hardly the way to break into the first team at the Valley. I've always preferred Rob Elliott personally and I think you've just handed him pole position.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....