Sunday 5 October 2008

Run to the Beat

Home in 1 hour and 52 minutes. Pleased with that, after a 45 minute delay to the start of the race due to problems with the tube. Those who were ready had to stand in the rain for 20+ minutes prior to start - far from ideal. The organisation was poor too, with chaos as the colour banding went for a burton and everyone broke ranks through the ticker tape to start as quickly as they could.

A massive "thank you" to everyone who sponsored me - I will top up close to £600 for Cystic Fibrosis. It made a huge difference to my approach to the race because it forced me out on a number of occasions when I' probably have stayed at home. I was also aware of it during the last couple of miles when the body was weak - thanks again.

I would like to think I will keep running and may well do it again next year....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....