Tuesday 19 August 2008

London Half-Marathon

Earlier this year, in a moment of weakness, when 5th October seemed like a lifetime away, I talked myself into entering the first London half-marathon which will start and finish at the O2 Arena and effectively circle the Valley. A number of friends in the area were also entering and, not wanting to be left out or look incapable, I went on-line and signed up.

Now it's only seven weeks away and, whilst I have been doing a bit of running during the Summer, I haven't shifted the excess weight required to make me go faster, so I started a strict regime last week counting the calories in and those burnt. It's going to be a long struggle keeping off the beer and wine as well as watching what I eat and sticking to my training schedule. I have decided to run for Cystic Fibrosis as they need the money, but probably just as importantly, for the added incentive of not wanting to feel guilty about letting a charity down!

I also have the incentive of wanting to compete with the younger entrants I know who will be taking part and I am planning on running in Charlton colours as I think that might give me the final incentive I need to ensure I do as well as I can. If you have entered the race, I would love to hear from you.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck Dave. Happy to sponsor if you can put up the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not entered but you can put me down for a tenner if you finish the race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Buddy Go!

    I'll be thinking of your pain and glory on 5th Dave - Good luck

    Pembury Addick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Gentlemen for your kind comments. I will keep you posted....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont know what you have to worry about with all the running you've done in the past... I've never run for a bus before this. You will see me running past saturday morning with Mr Chapman - early one before the game.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, you know you want to....