Thursday 31 January 2008

Au Revoir Frankie

I have been expecting the return of Frankie Valley for over a week now. Despite the word from better informed Bloggers that Frankie had packed it in, I have been biting my lip in anticipation, but a week is a long time on the internet and not a peep.

So, I guess it's time to say farewell to the quirkiest of Charlton blogs. Frankie was never my favourite but I was a daily reader. He had the knack for grasping real truths and presenting them in amusing ways. His regular contributors were were also worth the effort to trawl through and could be relied upon to make you smile.

As a frequent user of the Rose of Denmark (and the Royal Oak!), I have, on occasions, found myself playing "is that Frankie" or, more often, could that be Sam Lloyd. I knew Paxton Sprout wouldn't be there but still wondered. I could always have asked big Brian but I guess I never really wanted to know.

Assuming you haven't given up on the internet altogther Frankie, I thank thee for your efforts and kind of wish you could have made it Four Seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....