Thursday 22 November 2007

Weekend Bet

The pressure is mounting; no wins so far this season. I do a five result accumulator most weeks during the season and have always won once and more often twice or three times. In my mind this gives me an overall winning position, although I've never actually recorded winnings and losings properly. This year, I am, through an on-line account and I am nicely in the red. A win before Christmas is overdue and would put me back in front.

So, my selections this week are...

1) Bristol City to beat Leicester at Evens; City are firing on all cylinders and Leicester are in a state of flux changing managers. Good price.

2) Colchester to beat Palace; 6-5 is decent odds - just hope my heart isn't ruling my head.

3) Sheffield United to beat Plymouth; ordinarily I would avoid United but Plymouth might be affected by the uncertainty around Holloway leaving and 4-5 is good odds in the circumstances.

4) WBA to beat Wolves on Sunday; 10-11 is another good price when WBA are going so strongly and recently thrashed Coventry 4-0 in an away derby.

5) I've had a few beers this afternoon so hope I don't regret this one; I was struggling for an automatic fifth when I saw the Mighty Addicks at 13-10. Not a great price but reflective of the bookies view and we are well overdue a live TV win. So I am going with it - all or nothing.

A £30 accumulator with Paddy Power would net you £1043. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....