Monday 3 September 2007

News from the Lane?

Two snippets of news from White Hart Lane today that may be of interest....

Darren Bent has finally been goaded into making a statement about his decision to turn down the Hammers in favour of the Lilywhites. Bent told Sky Sports. "It was nothing to do with Curbs. “He's a fantastic manager. He did wonders for me and made me the player I am today by giving me my opportunity. It was just a career decision and I chose to join Tottenham." Clear enough to me.

The second piece is a rumour that we might be interested in taking 17 year-old "starlet" stiker Terry Dixon on loan? Not sure how that works with transfer window but presumably this would be about his development rather than any serious prospect of being considered for the first team.

Good to see the Colchester tickets have sold out quickly. We have only been given a 1000 but that will represent a larger percentage of the gate than we had at Selhurst on Saturday. It's got to help the players away from home when they know we are selling out and making a lot of noise. If we can maintain some momentum in the coming weeks and begin a prolonged challenge, then we might start to erode the travelling malaise of the last five or so years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....