Tuesday 25 September 2007

Luton....

A second string Charlton side will take on Luton Town this evening in the Carling Cup. I expect us to compete with the mid-table League One side in what should be a close game.

There is nothing that would get me to Kenilworth Road this evening. Luton ranks alongside the Potteries and parts of Birmngham as the most depressing places in Britain to visit. Believe me, I've done the 92 and Luton's amongst the worst places you can find yourself in. Town planning skipped a couple of generations and it's a hotchpotch of inadequate shopping and leisure facilities crowded around dual carriageways surrounded by a large asian community who appear to have no/little involvement or interest in LTFC.

What doesn't help is that I still have the odd nightmare about my first visit in the 70's when we were hammered 7-1. To this day it's still the most appalling performance I can remember and you'll appreciate we've had some to compare with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, you know you want to....